Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas was a hit....

After the 4th Christmas, we are finally home. Each one equally amazing! One at my Mom's Mom's house, Dad's Mom's, our own, & with Hubby's Fam! Whew...now it is time to unpack, clean, washWASHwash and make room in that little girls closet for the newest arrivals! It was hands down the best Christmas I have ever had.
I took a bazillion pictures, well maybe just 1,567. I think I should have gone to school for photography! where do I start???



First, we made an 8 hour drive to my Mamaw's house a few days before Christmas. Hubby was unable to come because he started a new job a few weeks ago and only got 5 days off.(Which was still great for a new job) So, Miss Priss & I rode with my parents and brother. I promised I was flying next year, only because I like to get places fast. Not a big "enjoy the view" kinda girl! I do have to say that Miss Priss was pretty darn good sitting pretty in her car seat for that long period of time. We made a few stops along the way, but all in all, she was a good little traveler.


After we got there I may have had Miss Priss for a total of 30 minutes
(or less). She was an absolute angel, so loving, full of smiles and kisses for the entire family. It was so relaxing to have hands galore waiting to cradle Missypooh, 4 days of constant care, delicious food, and shopping!They went by tooo fast! BUT... I was a rejuvenated woman! And my massage next week will put me over the top..whoohoo!


Hubby and I could not be more appreciative of all the presents Miss Priss received. Toys big and small, clothes to cover that little body, shoes, shoes & more shoes, the cutest books around, a ton of diapers for that tushy, stuffed animals, lovies and more. Thank you so much to everyone! I am however, convinced that she would have been happy with a big box of bows and tissue paper!


I received the 2 most beautiful Lenox ornaments for Baby's First Christmas and that was enough to make my day! Hubby & I were blessed to receive such wonderful gifts and I couldn't be happier with my new purse.THANK YOU HUBBY! I am also very eager to start my new books. Something, I will be doing more of, reading that is. We have a few things on the way as well... jogging stroller for Daddy, yes-sir-ree-bob, Daddy's pushing the extra weight & Mommy's holding Mr. Bishop's leash. You guessed it folks we're ahRunnin' like GUMP!



We are on the hunt for the perfect toy box, bc we are drowning in talking toys here. So, if you know of a nice one let me know! I don't want something blah. I may be leaning more towards an ottoman that lifts for storage!? My grandmother has one & I like hers! It looks stylish, but serves the purpose as well!



On another note.....I managed to cook an entire Christmas dinner BY.MY.SELF, turkey and all! It was only for Hubby and I, and of course we have enough left over for an army! 7hours later I was ready to plop down and enjoy! Miss Priss had her 1st bite of Turkey and LOVED it. She was

also eating the green beans faster than I could put them on her tray. Such a good eater!


I have to say that Miss Priss has put a new spin on Christmas for Hubby and myself. I was so JOLLY this year! I don't even want to take down my beautiful tree.




My grandmother is lucky enough to have the perfect storage under her stairs to cover her tree and roll it away until next year ornaments, lights, and all. Ahh, so jealous!



Overall, I am one happy Mommy, with one amazing family. I am blessed beyond words and life couldn't be better. I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas and is getting ready for the New Year! Bring it on 2009, top 08 for me, one of the happiest years of my life!

7 comments:

Kelli said...

I'm glad to hear you had such a fun, relaxin time! That's what holidays should be all about.

Looks like Miss Priss did NOT get spoiled- just like our girl :)

And I love the pic of her in those boots- hilarious!

I agree- nothing could top 08 at this point! Guess we'll have to wait and see...

Andréa said...

YAY for Merry Christmas'!! And darn, look at all those teeth!

Whitney said...

I'm glad you had a wonderful Christmas! She is too cute! Love all the pics!!

Vanessa said...

I'm glad you had a great Christmas! I love the picture of her in her furry boots:)

shalay said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog! Oh my gosh, you're little girl is just the cutest! It sounds like your Christmases were amazing. Have a wonderful New Years!

Michelle said...

Your tree is beautiful! Averee is such a little ham! She is so fun!

Anonymous said...

Such cute pictures!!