One of our resolutions this year was to SAVE. I have held true to this one 100% so far, yes I know it is only the 27th. However, this is a BIG step for me, considering this has always been a challenge.
I have worn blinders past all restaurants, kept my hands at 10-n-2, so that I would not make a quick run through the drive thru of any place. I have stayed away from Target, since I know I could blow our entire savings in one trip. I did get some Chick-fil-a coupons in the mail, free sammiches...you bet I used those!
Instead I have cooked the boneless skinless chicken breasts in 101 different ways, I have dug deep into the pantry to prepare dinner. I have been so damn good!
And folks, I have saved an extra $300 this month. I clearly would have never known we were spending this ungodly amount on food, until we were not doing it... and HELLO extra money after all the bills were paid!
Leave it up to Hubby to say he was excited we saved our money and didn't spend it on poop. Those were his exact words, I didn't ask, partly in fear that he actually meant that he felt like we were just paying gobs of money for it to be poop...or if he was referring to it in general as "crap". I never know! He's pure entertainment I tell ya!
Anyway, saving is pretty easy. I wish I would have kept a note pad in my car and jotted down the price of every meal we had for at least a week & then I could have X 4 and got the monthly amount. Does anyone want to take the challenge? Every time you lavishly throw your money at the drive thru guy, or server...tally it up! I may help you save some money, too!
My Mom suggested meal planning, where I write each meal and all the ingredients needed, so that when I am at Kroger I don't say "Oh this looks good"....nope it's not on the list..put it down..haha!!! Sounds like a plan Ma!
I even applied for an envelope addressing job, from my home. Every month (in my own time) I address 2k envelopes for a local bank and they pay $250. Whoo-hoo, I'll take it!!! Not to mention I have sold odds and ends on Craigslist. All of which have gone to savings. Instead of a big garage sale, I have just got rid of what I don't need or have room for little by little! Pretty nifty if you ask me. And last, but definitely not least all of the profits I make from Squishy Tushy will be placed in the savings account as well. Not to be touched for any reason! So, save. save. save and one day we'll all be rich!!!
The Floaters
5 days ago



8 comments:
congrats on saving! i need to do that...
thanks for the b-day wishes! :)
We are all about doing that the past couple months too!! I always go to the store with a list of meals that i want to make and it makes it so much better :) and the going out to eat, people would be so surprised to see how much they could save by eating in!! We have cut back on that too!! And target and walmart always get me :( I have tried to stay away... unless i am in need of diapers, and then i have been buying 2 boxes instead of 1 so i dont need to go back for a while!! Anyways... keep it up, it will so pay off !!
Smart people save their money!
Way to go girl! Isn't it amazing by just not eating out or making those quick trips how much it makes a difference. You are going to be in a house before you know it!!
How exciting!!! Good for you! Okay, care to email me about the envelope job...sounds like something I could do :)
How do you know it's not a sham?
I want to stuff envelopes, too!
Missy, I called the bank to check! It's off of Eldorado!!! :) No scam, no ma'am!!
Where did you find that job addressing envelopes? I'm a stay @ home mommy and that would be perfect! Thanks!
Post a Comment