Thursday, January 22, 2009

Today I was an angel...

Today I was an angel.
This I know is true.
I saved the life of a little boy who was wearing blue.
He ran into the street and didn't know what to do.

All the world around me, stood as still as night
This is where I came in, and swooped in like a flight
All the cars came to a halt and I heard one proclaim...

You my dear, saved that little boys life today!!!!

This is not a poem I found, yet one that I wrote myself.
Today I was driving down a pretty busy street. The speed limit is 45, but people were clearly going over 50, nothing unusual, I too have been guilty of speeding down this road. I also have to say, I have been guilty of making a call or texting while driving. Not today, I was thinking about what a pretty day it was, when out of the corner of my eye I saw a 2 year old sweet little boy. Then with the ease of my everyday routine, I checked my rear view, put on my flashers, jumped out of the car, hurried over to the little boy and scooped him up inches away from a screeching car coming the other direction. I think the world around me was frozen in the matter of seconds it took me to pick this little boy up. I looked around everywhere, and I didn't see a sole, except for a lady who saw me in her rear view mirror and pulled over. Cars were stopped and my heart was racing. Then, I saw a 4-5year old boy poke his head around the bushes and a Man came running outside. I can't quite describe the feeling, but the first thing that came out of my mouth was "he almost got ran over" . The Man of course said OH GOSH, and thanked me! I walked away crying. That's when a woman shouted, "You saved that boys life". I got back in the car and carried on with my errands, but will take with me that I was that little boys angel and I am so happy I was in the right place at the right time, watching the road, not paying attention to my phone. From today forward I will not use my phone in any form while I am driving. Anything could happen and that phone call means nothing at all! I know God placed me right where I was today at that specific time for this very reason!!!

4 comments:

Andréa said...

OMG That is the craziest thing EVER. I have a lady on my street who just lets her son run in the middle of the street and she does nothing. And you know how people drive. Then the next day I was walking B and she did it AGAIN. Some people. I am SO thankful you saved that little boy. Oh My Lord!

Jen R. said...

what a wonderful/crazy/scary experience. I'm so glad you were there that day.

Anonymous said...

WOW!!!

Melissa said...

Wow!! Thats amazing!! God definetely put you there in that exact spot for a reason :) How scary!!