Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Over the weekend...

This weekend we headed to my parents to celebrate my little brothers graduation. It really hit me that he is not so little anymore, when I saw my old teachers & school.

We could not be any prouder of him...Top 10 of his class, Distinguished Honors grad., He received 4 very well deserved and needed scholarships, and in just 2 1/2 short months will enter the campus of Texas A & M as an Aggie.

My parents surprised him with a new truck and he was extremely excited. This week they are going to stay in College Station for a few days and do early registration and take a look at his dorm. I just cannot believe I am even typing this, because it seems like not that long ago he was running around the house after my friends and I had dressed him up as a pretty little girl....sorry Cody!
Anyway, we are beyond ecstatic and so proud of what you have done and know that these next 4 years will fly by, too. Aren't you glad Mom pushed you to your limits! You should be :)



Then "somebody" made out like a bandit, with presents & lots of $$$.
(Which, needs to go into your savings account Mr.)


Then we had a scrumdillyumptious dinner and this to-die-for vanilla, raspberry cake.


To go back to my parents to find this strawberry cake for my Birthday, and my B-day money & cute-smell-good candle was much appreciated.

I just HATE that my money was spent so quickly....I would like to thank that oh-so-nice cop that pulled me over and gave me that wonderful $195 ticket....you stole my birthday money jack_ _ _! Ahem, excuse me!
I know I shouldn't have been speeding, but you also shouldn't have been in an unmarked black car, that threw me off. Thankfully, my Mom is so on top of things...we sat right down and filled out the paper work, made copies of my D.L., insurance, got a money order, and sent in a letter requesting permission to take a defensive driving class... and dropped that sucker in the mail. Now, I have to drive to the DPS and get a copy of my driving record, another $10 and send it in to the municipal court. Then if I am so lucky to get permission, I will then have to find and take defensive driving....another $35 or so ! Seriously, last time I went through all of this I promised to never get a ticket again. ugh!

::::::::::::::::::::
Moving right along....we had such a good time at Nana & Papaw's, visiting with all the family & Cody's friends. It's always fun to all get together in the shop and eat and visit. Yes, I said shop...because that's what you do when you live on actual acres vs here in the city where you can touch your neighbors house. All rules were broken, my cousins fiance gave you your first potato chip, sour cream & onion...yummy, then I turned to see 3 1/2 year old Peyton sharing his Sprite with you & later his Momma gave you your very own piece of cake. All of this combined, resulted is the biggest sugar high I have ever seen. Literally shaking her little head from side to side, running around pant less and bare-foot (with a balloon tied to her toe, thank Papaw) she was the absolute life of it all. For a 14 m.o. she has such personality and sas....I just can't get over it. She also mocked any and everything that people did or said. We stayed up til midnight and slept in til noon. We had so much fun that we decided to stay another night.


Then we headed back to the house and after a MUCH needed bath Miss Priss had to go in Uncle Cody's closet for some shoes....

And share some snacks with Ava....



I'll say it again for the 100th time, I wish Nana & Papaw lived closer. We love you guys and had a blast. I'm just sorry Miss Priss had an ever running nose and I thank you for everyone who chased her down at some point to wipe it. It was VERY unfortunate that the day before we left Miss Priss got sick, thank goodness she hasn't had any fever, because missing my brother graduate was not an option (even if I had to roll her in, in a bubble), she is acting 100% like herself thankfully. So hopefully her little head will clear up soon. She slept all the way home last night, then I put her right to bed and she has been asleep ever since....14 hours I wish I could sleep that long without interruption.
I hope everyone had a great weekend, & today I shall do 100 piles of laundry & dishes my dear husband left for me. I'll give him a break since he is under the weather as well! Now just say a little prayer that I don't get it, too. Vit-C, plenty of fluids and rest....lots of rest! So with that being said....time for a nap before Miss Priss gets up!
Love you all!

3 comments:

Kelli said...

High School Graduation is an awesome experience... congrats to your brother!

And we (Ali and me) hope Miss Priss is feeling better today!

Andréa said...

So glad you guys had a good time. Your brothere did make out like a bandit! Does he know my address if he needs to share that cash :D

missy said...

Potato chips AND sprite??? Oh my!! What a fun weekend for you with your family....those are ALWAYS the best! And congrats Mr. Cody for all your accomplishments...bye bye WHS, hello ATM!!