Monday, August 24, 2009

I love....

I love Spring. It's when all the flowers start to bloom and fill the land with beautiful color.
I have such a love for plants, and anything that you can put in your flower beds, yard, etc. I just love it. Hubby and I share that passion and we like a tidy yard. So this year I was so bummed when my Crepe Myrtles didn't bloom. Then, after a few good storms (lots of rain) and extra midnight watering or two....they're here!


We have 3 different shades, white, light pink and dark pink.
My parents love gardening, my Mom has a real green thumb and I've learned so much from her. I mean I have really came a long way....I killed a cactus in college. My roomate and I both watered it. Then we sat it outside to dry, but it stormed that night and flooded out poor cactus even more. Not to worry, I had the bright idea of putting it in the oven. You know.... to fix it. It was swollen and balloon like, we were certain it needed heat. Because hello cactus live in the desert...duh! The following day....
It died.
Anyway, my grandparents owned a nursery for many years, it was so beautiful, full of vibrant color and the tons magnificent greenery in all shapes and sizes. I guess I should have taken better notes from the pro's....and I might still have that cactus with the pretty pink top! :) My Mom also said it was the hardest she had ever worked in her life. Long days in the Texas heat will getcha!
So this year I go myself a tomato plant and 2 jalapeno plants. One was called hotter than hot...just my style. And I talk to these babies and water them 2 times a day. Here you have it folks, my 1st maters!!!
And these are smokin' hot, they gave me the hiccups and burned my ears with the first bite. Thumbs up from me!

Last but definitely not least.........
A little sweet pea eating some carrots in just bloomers and a bow.
Just happens to be Momma's favorite outfit for you little Tootsie.

1 comment:

Meant to be a mom said...

What beautiful crepe myrtles. They are so pretty to look at when they bloom.
I'm terrible with yard work. I manage to nearly kill everything I plant even when I try really hard. My mom still has to come help me and tell me exactly how to care for our flower beds. :)
Thank goodness for her.

Miss priss does look adorable in her little bloomies and headband bow.