Thursday, November 12, 2009

Thankful Thursday

If you don't read Kelly's Korner, this week she has been in El Salvador on a Compassion trip. I have sobbed each day I read her blog. When you think you have it bad, don't even complain about one hair on your head until you read about the living conditions there, the gangs, the dirt floor smaller than a match box homes these families live in, young girls that are raped and end up pregnant at 12, the unimaginable days work all to make $2 and leave their babies locked inside the house while they work, no running water etc....
Breaks my heart. Breaks it into pieces.
Makes you stop in your tracks and count your blessings, which believe you me....are many. I see how Kelly said she has forever been touched, look how good we really have it. So this Thursday I am Thankful for all I have, ever little bit of it. Simply Thankful....

No comments: