My phone......so I broke my phone a while back and headed to Best Buy to get another. That was a mess, ended up getting home after several hours to discover I had a defective "new" phone. I then returned it the following day, but this time the guy who did the exchange gave me the old box with the new phone, therefore I was missing the headset. I was missing the headset because it was still plugged into the other phone since that was the only way anyone could hear me.Geez, I hope I'm making sense!! Anyhow, Thur. night before bed I plugged my phone in b/c it had completely died, I couldn't even turn it on. No big deal, WRONG! Somehow the next morning I discovered that everything had been erased off of my phone. No pictures, no ring tones, no nothing. Thank goodness, my contacts were still there b/c thanks to technology, I do not know any ones numbers by heart. Is that a good thing, no, but more convenient I might say. Okay, so now I'm a little upset b/c I have to go back to Best Buy. Great! Well, there was only one girl behind the mobile counter. So I sat down with Averee right next to me, and we waited. I don't remember.....holy crap it just came to me as I'm typing. Okay I took my wallet out of my purse to get my phone out to show her that all of my info. had been erased. I sat it on the counter, right in front of me and unfortunately never picked it back up. She told me that it had already been past the 30 days since I got the other phone so she couldn't help me. As I turned to walk away I noticed the guy who had previously helped me with my phone. He said he would go ahead and do the exchange, even though I was over the 30 days. Thank you, I was so happy, so I picked a different phone. There was a difference in the price so I reached for my wallet to get my card and umm....oh my gosh I must of left my wallet at home. So I thought. I said I would be right back and rushed home to grab my wallet. I was kind of pressed for time at this point, b/c I was meeting at friend at Gloria's for lunch. Well, when I got home I really started to panic b/c my wallet was no where to be found....hello my life is in my wallet. Only everything you need is in your wallet and my dumb ass had my social security card in there too. Along with credit cards, debit cards, check book, and over 150 in cash and 2 checks from my grandma & mom for my b-day. Yes, I signed the back earlier that day b/c I was going to stop by the bank. So I dial 411 as fast as I can and get the # for Best Buy. I speak to the girl who "wouldn't help me, b/c I was past the 30 days".(Vanessa) Oh of course you don't see a wallet. I told her I was headed back up there, right before I emergency parked in the fire lane in front of the store, my phone rang and it was Vanessa, we found your wallet, someone brought it back. Strange that she said that, but at the time I wasn't analyzing everything. I said well I'll be right there, I hope everything is still there. She then told me that there was $21 in my wallet. What, are you kidding? That's it? Ok, so now the tears start. First of all, I'm not working, so every penny helps, and not to mention that was my birthday money. Gosh, this is long, I think I'm venting so if you need to stop reading that's ok b/c I'm not even done yet. Haha, my hubby just walked in the room and said umm that's too long no one is going to read that!!! Anyway, so I walked in and asked to speak to a manager right away. He said that they had my wallet and went to get it. Odd......now there is $46 in there. Vanessa then comes up to me and says that there was some more money folded over in the inside pocket and she put it with the rest. WHAT? Why would you do that? I'm not sure what causes ppl not to react when there in an awkward situation. I just know that now that I think about it, I have soooo many things to say, and so many questions to ask. Like why didn't I ask if the managers would look through her things. Is that legal? I know that there wasn't much I could do about the cash, but she was dumb enough to take my checks, made out to me, maybe she had the money right next to them. Why didn't I make a bigger deal about this when I was there? Nothing was making any sense to me, I was however happy that everything else was still there. Then, I said oh my s.s. card, she followed with yes it's in there. It is in there, but under and in between a lot of other cards and coupons. So, VANESSA was really digging through my stuff. Well, now that I have had all of this time to think about it, I am convinced that she stole my money and checks. I asked the manager to review the cameras and LOVELY the camera does not point to that exact spot. That would be my luck!! So, I have decided to head back to Best Buy in the morning, first thing and speak to a manager and Vanessa. I know it is too late to recover my money, but I do want to look her in her eyes, and let her know that I know she stole from me. What good will that do? I'm not sure, it will make me feel somewhat better. I think, guess I'll find out tomorrow! =)
I am finished with my venting!!! I think I'll take a long hot shower and go to sleep! After all, I do have to be up in the morning to state my case!!!!!!!
The Floaters
5 days ago



2 comments:
Wow Lindsay! That's crazy...I'm with you, I think she took your $$. Maybe looking her in the eyes will make her confess. I have a birthday present for you, by the way.
Sounds like she took your money! :(
Hope it got all worked out.
Post a Comment