We went to the Dr. today for Ree's 6 mo. shots! She was such a big girl, only crying for a second, then back to her sweet self. I gave her a big dose of Tylenol and thought she'd be out for a few hours.... try 45min. Little stinker!
She weighs 19 1/2 lbs...95%
27 1/2 inches long......75%
and her noggin'....90% bc she has lots of brains!
In her 6 months of life, she has gained 10 lbs. and grown 6 1/2 inches!
Dr. R said that we could move on to #2 baby food, biter biscuits (we started those Sat. night so Hubby & I could enjoy our delicious dinner, it did keep her busy)
yogurt, watermelon, and make sure she is working with the sippy cup (which she is, she just doesn't get it yet)then she suggested removing the spill proof piece.
Then, at 7-8mos. over cooked pasta and rice.
I told her that we still weren't sleeping through the night(except for ONCE) and I talked with her about letting A cry it out, she said that was up to me. I actually tried a few times, just couldn't last longer than 8 minutes. Each time I would go in to pick her up...she burped! So, I have decided that I am still ???? about crying it out. Ask me again in a few months and we'll see if I'm singing a different tune ;) As for now, I'm working from home, so I'll just tuff out the sleepless nights. I'm leaning on the glimmer of hope that she'll surprise me and sleep 12 hrs. :) We have improved since I stopped nursing her at ever whimper she let out...so we'll see!



6 comments:
YAY! A, you are SO grown up!! Mr Man has his next apt on the 17th!!!
She is so stinkin' cute!!!
Just wanted to say thanks for stopping by my blog. And that she is absolutely adorable!!! And your handmade creations look great! Visit again! :)
She is such a cutie. Wow... stage 2foods... maybe we need to bring Averee over to show Emma how to eat and that they are good! Emma still only eats a few bites. I've even tried feeding her hours after I've nursed her. Oh well I guess she will get it soon enough.
Also, about the cry it out thing. That is tough. Although Emma is a good sleeper, Grace wasn't at all. She woke up at least once to eat till around 7-8 months and occasionally after that? But I did want to tell you that the reason she is burping when you pick her up is b/c when they cry they swallow a lot of air, thus causing gas. It is a vicious cycle!
Your baby looks so much like mine- crazy! They say everyone has a twin out there...
hey there! CUTE headbands. love it! and precious baby! :) cheers!
Post a Comment