I knew I would have to face the day when Miss Priss got sick. I thought she had been sick before, because she had a runny nose, which thankfully was only her getting 5 teeth at once.
Then, this morning when I got her out of her bed I almost cried. She was burning up and shaking. Sure enough she had a 103 temp.! I called her Dr. and they said to head straight there, they could see her right away. Which was so nice to hear, since I was on the verge of panic! Half way to the Dr.'s office I thought to myself, my feet sure do feel comfy.....umm yeah, bc my fuzzy house slippers that I was only wearing to warm up the car, never got changed! Oops!
Miss Priss somehow had enough energy to talk to the nurse and bounce on the scale for a few minutes before we finally got the reading..... 3oz shy of 21lbs. She is in the best of spirits, just burning up to high heavens!Still smiling and laughing, but you can see it in her eyes that she is sick...breaks my heart! Her Dr. (whom I really like now) came in and took a look....
ears...check
nose...check
throat...check
Everything looks fine, so now we'll check for the Flu.
Nose swab for the Flu...back with the results in 5 minutes.
Results....Influenza A A.K.A THE STINKIN' FLU!
My poor little baby has the flu! I'm pretty sure that is what Hubby brought home and probably what he has, too. (Some people are hardheaded and won't go to the Dr. though)
Anyway, despite my hand washin', Clorox wipin', Germ-X applyin', Lysol sprayin',
Vitamin C givin', healthy food fixin', ways.....she still got sick!
After her Dr. appt. I went through the ever-so-convenient drive-thru at CVS, (oh the lady in the window sure was pleasant....please understand my sarcasm here) and dropped off her prescription for some Symmetrel. It helps make your symptoms less severe & will shorten the time it takes to get better. Hopefully she will rest as much as possible. It's a long process to get over, 2 weeks. Fever for 3-9days, followed by a sore throat and at last a cough before it all clears up! I hoping that Miss Priss proves them wrong and pulls through like a champ! I'm pretty sure she has a high pain tolerance, since she didn't shed a tear while she was teething. I know this is different, but maybe, right??? Dr. S said she will want to be held all day(fine by me) and her fever will be anywhere from 101-106. Geez, that's high! He also gave me a neat little chart that tells the weight and how much Motrin/Tylenol to give to a child with fever. So, for the next two weeks we will be locked away in the house.
Get Well Soon Baby! We love you!!!
The Floaters
5 days ago



2 comments:
OH NO! I'm so sorry to hear this. I'm sure you have already thought this, but next year get a flu shot. Yadda yadda yadda... I hope she starts feeling better soon.
ps... are you still seeing our pedi... Dr. S? I've started to like him more and more too... he is just dorky I think :)
We feel your pain over here!! ...but at least when they're sick they like to cuddle :)
I hope she pulls through like a champ- I'm sure she will!
And thanks for the note on the blooming flower- you're so sweet and thoughtful! We can't wait to get it- I hope it comes before next Sunday so she can wear it in her pics (we had to reschedule)!
Big squeeze to Miss A from our Miss A! xoxoxoxoxo
Post a Comment