Miss Priss has allergies, or could be getting over a head cold. She has had a runny nose for about a week & a 1/2 now, I assumed due to teething...those 4 molars are finally all the way in! Thankfully!
Anyway, yesterday she started coughing, and this morning she was really coughing...the nasty can't get that junk out of my throat cough. Yes, I know you wanted to hear that. So, bright and early we headed to the Dr.'s office.
Miss Priss was such a HAM, laughing, playing in the front office with the receptionist, pretty much making Mommy look like she made the whole thing up! Thanks Little Lady!
On another note, she weighs 21.8 and got to stand on the big girl scale for the first time, no more stripping her down and laying on the baby scale.
Her Pedi recommended Benadryl or Zyrtec. I gave her some Benadryl tonight and hopefully she'll get a good nights rest (and I will, too). If it doesn't seem to help, then I will pick up some Zyrtec. To be completely honest, I hope she is just getting over a cold. At any cost, I found the dosage for Zyrtec on-line & I am going to post it here since I have misplaced my paper from earlier...
What is the dosage of Zyrtec for babies and toddlers?
6 - 12 months of age: 2.5 mg given once daily (maximum dose 5 mg daily)
12 - 24 months of age: 2.5 given once or twice daily (maximum dose 5 mg daily)
2 - 6 years of age: 2.5 - 5 mg given once daily (maximum dose 5 mg daily)
Over 6 years of age: 5 - 10 mg given once daily (maximum dose 10 mg daily) Zyrtec comes in a 1mg/ml solution (so 2.5 mg = 2.5 ml). There is also a 10mg/ml oral drops preparation (so 5 mg is 1/2 ml).
Make sure you check the strength of the solution.
6 - 12 months of age: 2.5 mg given once daily (maximum dose 5 mg daily)
12 - 24 months of age: 2.5 given once or twice daily (maximum dose 5 mg daily)
2 - 6 years of age: 2.5 - 5 mg given once daily (maximum dose 5 mg daily)
Over 6 years of age: 5 - 10 mg given once daily (maximum dose 10 mg daily) Zyrtec comes in a 1mg/ml solution (so 2.5 mg = 2.5 ml). There is also a 10mg/ml oral drops preparation (so 5 mg is 1/2 ml).
Make sure you check the strength of the solution.
Just in case I have to refer to it (or you need it) later.
Miss Priss did snag some snazzy little shades from her Dr.'s office for being a good girl......
***New words added to her vocabulary...Doggy & Shoes



3 comments:
Glad you found my blog. Your little girl is adorable! I love your creations too! They are too cute! I will have to keep you in mind for futureu baby gifts.
aww, poor miss priss. Hopefully she'll get over whatever she has quickly! at least she doesn't seem too upset about being sick:)
How in the helk did you get her to sit still so you could paint those toesies? THAT sounds like a challange!
Post a Comment