Monday, June 22, 2009

So much to say....where do I begin?


Turn around bright eyes....
Every now and then I fall apart....

Well, I almost fell apart when I turned around to see this sweet face smiling at me. Against everything I previously said,(waiting until 2 because it is the safest thing to do) I turned her around.

She is now facing forward, looking at the road, just like Momma. I didn't do this out of convenience for myself, I did this because it is a smoking 400 degrees here in good ole Texas. Her hair & clothes were completely drenched after a short trip to the store, I mean a 6 minute drive to Target folks. She wasn't getting good air circulation facing backwards and I know it was miserable. I really didn't mind that she was facing backwards at all, I could see her perfectly. She still talked her head off and told me every time we passed anything that could have possible resembled a pasture... that she saw COWS. COWS.COWS. Over those 15 months, I learned how to bend my arms anyway possible to reach her. I learned that a baby plastic hanger in the back pocket of the passenger seat was very handy. Especially when she inevitably slung her sippy cup or snack trap...I could scoop it right up and return it to her...at a stop light of course.

Now if you are a parent of a small child, or plan on becoming one in your life time for that matter...you must own these mirrors I don't care what the reviews on that site say, those people are crazy. They don't know you should CLIP them. They are around $5, there are 2 in a pack and they come with 2 stoppers and 2 clips. I drive an SUV and you know those handles above the doors? Well, in the mirrors you can screw in the clip attachments and clip on to the handles....like below.


So this way when you are driving you can glance back and see your little munchkin. I placed one on both sides so that Hubby (or whomever was riding with me) could see my Tootsie as well.

So today, I moved one to the front above the rear-view mirror...so I can see my big girl facing forward.

Today we headed to see Dr. S for a 15 mo. check-up and some yucky shots.
Stats are in...
Weight 22 lbs. 37%
Height 30 1/2 in. 52%
Head 18 1/2 in. 80% still got a punkin head, that's what Dr. S said :)

He also said you were a GENIUS, yep that's right. At 15 mos, you are on a 2 1/2 year olds+ level. He said most 15 mo. olds are saying 6-8 words. And guess what else smarty pants...he said he has never seen a 15m.o. put 3 words together and talk up a storm like you demonstrated today. You make me so proud. I absolutely love her Pediatrician and his nurse is wonderful. He is really great and talks with you in depth about any questions or concerns. I have to say our 1st visit was me in a panic about Miss Priss and her hives....and I thought he was unconcerned and there was a different nurse in the office and a different receptionist. However, I couldn't be more pleased that I gave him another shot. Today we discussed whole milk & Miss Priss throwing up after she drinks it.....try it again in a year. My concern with Soy milk.....it's okay by him for now. We spoke about mothers-day-out & his views...smart man! And her reaction to hummus....most kids her age don't eat it, but it could be the sesame. He referred 2 allergists if I see any further reactions from anything.

She got introduced to the toy chest at today's visit.....which she happily climbed aboard.



Then she had her 1st entire sucker, she may have remembered her last short-lived sucker that I snatched from her hand the second we left the office.Just a guess since she ate this one in 2 seconds flat. Really, she was even twisting it in her mouth.....good til the last drop! She ate it so fast, I didn't even get a picture.

I guess the sucker was just enough "Go Juice" for her, because she sat pretty right through nap time, through lunch with Nanny, Nana, & Aunt V, then she ran the aisles at DSW ...but then got a little fussy so we headed home for her 4-6pm nap. Oh well...life goes on! She was in bed by 10:45. Then Nana, tried to bring my sewing machine back to life....sad to say it died anyway. Not good with 4 Birthday shirts in line. That's okay....Janome here I come baby.

Happy Monday!

1 comment:

Kelli said...

Thanks for the tip on the mirrors! Ali's backwards in the middle and I can never see what's going on with that chic when I'm driving!

And I was laughing so hard- Ali's got Miss Priss beat by 2 lbs- and they're the same height! hahahaha- she doesn't miss a meal, my girl :)
Hopefully now that's she moving we'll see her slim down a bit!