Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Not a diet...

A change in the way I live.

I think the word diet puts off bad vibes.

What's your New Year's Resolution?
Diet!
Please, how long did that last. I know there are the rare few people that do stick to it. But I think I can speak for most when I say that there is something about "that" word.

DIET...boo!

So for the past "almost" month (since June 24th) I have been at the gym dang close to everyday. I also have given up meat and dairy products. I want to detox my body and get it to it's purest form. Not to mention I just finished the book Skinny Bitch and all I can say is READ IT. It will change your life, too. So, it's organic fruits and veggies for me, plenty of beans, nuts & peanut butter for protein and I joined Spark People to help hold my self accountable. There is a nutrition tracker that keeps count of my water consumption, fats, carbs, calories & protein. There is a fitness tracker along with many, many inspiring stories from others. It really is an awesome site!

I have said this for the past 15 months....... I want to drop this baby weight. I mean that with all of my being. I have never in my entire life been the size I am now and to say that I am determined to drop 50 lbs before Christmas Day would be an understatement. I will.
Watch me :) I dare you!

After having Miss Priss, I became a stay-at-home-Mom and wasn't as active as I had been the rest of my life. So slowly over the past year I gained this unwanted, unhealthy, unattractive amount of weight. When I found myself staying in my pj's all day and not getting out because I no longer had anything to wear I decided it was time to wake the hell up.

Wake up I did, where has the gym been all my life. Even when I was 125 pounds I would have enjoyed the way it makes you feel. A big thanks to a great workout partner, thanks Nessa, you make it that much easier. Plus, I think we motivate each other just enough to take that last step.

Tomorrow, I am making a BIG leap....I am putting Tootsie in the Fun Center at the Gym. Yikes! Listen, it's a big deal to me, I have a sweet little girl that I cringe at the thought of some hellion child pushing, slapping, or biting her. Sorry, but I would just die.

When I called to make the reservation they only had a 30 minute spot...fine by me...baby steps, baby steps! Then I will hit the gym again after Hubby gets home and my defensive driving class is over...if I am still conscious after beating my head on the table from 6 hours of defensivedrivingness. Thus completing my 60 minutes of cardio for the day.

Working out 6 days a week,
eating right,
feel better than I have in a long time,
have a ton of energy,
lost 7 lbs. since June 24th
drinking an ocean of water a day,
staying away from high fructose corn syrup and ingredients I can't pronounce
weighing in every Saturday
taking measurements every month.

It feels WONDERFUL and I am one happy camper!

Can't wait for the BIG before and after photo around Christmas time.

And most importantly becoming more healthy, not for myself 1st, but for my daughter.
The most important thing in the world to me!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

You go girl! You can do it! I am so proud of you! Love you! XOXOXOXO

Meant to be a mom said...

Thanks for the sweet post on my blog. Your daughter is just adorable. I'll have to watch your blog as well and maybe learn some mom tips from you.

Lisa said...

Way to go girl!! 7lbs is awesome. So proud of you.

ps... Averee will do great in the kiddo!! And even if she did get bitten she would be okay. I use to worry about that stuff... then I had a second child :) HAHA!!

Keep up the good work. I'm thinking about running a half marathon in December... wanna join me??

Kelli said...

Awesome job, Momma! You have a plan, and you are stickin to it, that is the hardest part of changing your life! It sounds like you are keeping yourself accountable too- that's tuff!

I am so proud of you.. and I cannot wait to look at your before/after pic!