While looking back at all the pictures from Miss Priss' 1st Birthday, I was blown away when I saw myself. I just could not believe the weight I had put back on after being home with her for the 1st year of her life. I was disgusted. Down right sad. How had I let this happen? How?
I tried 30 day shred, but just wasn't motivated enough to keep it up... alone. Then it was my wonderful neighbor (who I will miss dearly when we move) that told me to get my booty to the gym with her.
And I did.
On June 24th I joined the gym. I loved it.
Then while getting my "free" table (see nothing is free) I hurt my arm, and missed 2 weeks. Minor set back folks. Minor. I felt lost, I had become so fond of the feeling you get when you leave the gym. I had to get back.
I made a promise to not get on the scale for the month of September so I would see a significant difference on the last day of the month. Something had to happen, I was weighing myself 3 times a day. So as soon as the clock hit 11:59 I headed towards the scale.
And there it was......
18 lbs down, and that feels fantastic.
However, with the stress of a new house and the added payments we will have, I started to try and skimp on things, and I didn't renew my membership this month. Here we are 22 days into October and I have not been to the gym once. I thought I could just run & exercise on my own. Afterall, I live right near a fantastic park...(which I will also miss dearly)
Anyway, the year is coming to a close. The 25th day of December is nearing faster than I anticipated. So now it's down to the wire.....and 25(give or take a few) more lbs to go....and just thought I would type a little motivation for myself! So 18 down, 25 to go & I will reward myself with a super stylish hair cut and new outfit!
Somethings I am doing:
No fast food
nothing fried
all fresh fruits & veggies
beans & nuts
no sweets, which are the least of my worries
it's the salty I crave :)
no junk food, no chips...eek
1 hr of cardio each day (off on Sundays) yes cardio at home, who besides me will help this weight fall off!
I am also not eating meat/dairy, I successfully did it for 3 weeks previously and felt better than ever before.
On a side note, my Dad has lost 15 lbs since Oct. 1st on his 28 day meat free all raw diet. (featured on Dr Oz's website below)
We are HUGE fans of Dr. Oz and are watching his show each night. He also has a website with many awesome videos that you can watch.
Hey...YOU ONLY GET ONE BODY. Take care of it!
Have a great day!
The Floaters
5 days ago



3 comments:
I have soo fallen off the wagon. I have got to get back to it.
awww....I will MISS YOU too!!! I really miss going to the gym together. I am still going, but of course its just not the same. I'm glad that you are going to continue with your goal though! Meet you at the finish line? :)
18 lbs! GO GIRL!!! That is something to celebrate! You sound motivated, keep it up- I'm so proud of you for keeping it up, even without the gym- YOU CAN DO IT!
Post a Comment