Thursday, October 1, 2009

We've been busy...

First I would like to start by saying that it is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. This month is dedicated to increasing the early detection of breast cancer.
If you pay attention in the stores, you will notice that more and more brands are helping support the cure. If you opt of purchase this over the other can, box, bag, etc...then a portion of the sale/proceeds will go towards the continued search for the cure. Breast Cancer hit very close to home for me. My Grandmother (Father's side) is a breast cancer survivor by God's grace. My aunt has recently had some questionable test results, so please keep her in your prayers. My Great-grandmother (Mother's side) passed away as a result of breast cancer. Some stores also have the card that allows you to donate at checkout....remember every dollar helps. There are also 1k & 5k walk/runs that you can participate in.



:::::::::::::::::



The house I was talking about...the house I loved so dearly...was sold a few days ago.

Sold to someone with a $40,000 higher offer than us, not to mention it was a CASH offer. Well congratulations person with all that cash laying around...good for you! However, we moved on before we got the news on this house....made an offer on another, offer was accepted 1 hour later and now we are just patiently waiting for it to be finished. November 25 should be our closing date as of now. So that's pretty exciting! It is located 25 minutes from where we are currently living, and while we are located in a wonderful place with everything a fingertip away, I know I will learn to love my new location, too. Please pray that the building keeps coming along at a steady pace and we are moved in before long.



::::::::::::::::::



Miss Priss is too fun. She started pointing to her pictures and saying....That's You. She loves to look inside of a bag or container and say...All Gone. She has started clapping when she sees me in the bathroom saying...Yay Tee-tee Mommy (T.M.I.-sorry) She's really funny, when she gets in trouble she says...Daddy-Mommmy-Daddy-Mommy using her fake cry to drag it out. She's repeating anything we ask of her. Hubby even has her saying...in yo face! Great, thanks babe! I really have two children, and the older of the two is teaching the younger one bad things. FUN!



So I have a weird thing about kids putting fingers in their nose. Seriously gross, not to mention hello great way to get sick, and again gross! So Hubby thought it was funny to teach Miss Priss to put her finger in her nose and then wipe it on me. Oh somebody please help me!



::::::::::::::



My parents came to visit and my Mom helped me with my orders since I was in over my head. Thanks Mom, I couldn't have done it without you. We sewed some things for Miss Priss and they turned out so cute. My Mamaw also made and sent us a little dress and a skirt. She will be wearing the skirt and matching shirt for her 1 1/2 pictures next week. We visited & ate yummy salads and loaded baked potatoes, my Dad chased Tootsie around the house 101 times and she would stop and say MOOOORE -MOORE, banging her hands together signing more with the biggest smile and giggles that filled the room. She loves to have you chase after her, her heart almost beats out of her chest and she just cannot get enough!



A few days ago she started clapping and said yay tee-tee, we were in the Realtors office and I was kind of embarrassed as to why she just said it out loud randomly and then I reached down and felt her diaper. And there you have it, a warm diaper. WOW Tootsie great job! That's a big deal, she knew what she was doing! I have not pushed the potty ordeal, it's a bath time thing that I let her decide on. She is just now finally ok with bath time again, that poo in the tub REALLY scared her. She has taken a bath standing up in the shower by herself all week, and finally last night she sat in the bath. Whew, thank goodness. We're back to normal.

She says....eat, okay and starts running toward the fridge. It's funny because I always say, what do you want...okay. So now she says.... okay. Sometimes she just says Peep (please) okay, peep, okay. When she hasn't told you want she wants...just please-okay. It's funny, but she gets frustrated and says OKAY louder.



I am sure there is more I need to say, and I still need to upload pictures from 2 birthday parties. But now I am off to finish my orders so I can get a little break before all that wonderful packing begins!!






Sorry no pictures! I still don't have my computer back so it makes it a little harder because I forgot my dropshots password. I'll post some in a few days!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Hey girl - just catching up!! Looks like you guys have been busy too. So exciting about the house. Melissa told me where it is at and I'm so pumped you will be so close by!! I have a couple girl friends that live near you that I go to church with. The love it and love the school district too!! Hope to see you girls soon.