So, many moons ago Miss Priss tee-teed on the potty and I thought I was going to be as much of a rock star as my Momma was.
As an 18 month old, she was doing pretty darn good. Until, the poo-poo scare. It really frightened her and that was the end of our potty training days. I didn't want to force the issue, I didn't really mind either way. However, it would have been nice to stop buying diaper at a year and a half. It was okay, the last thing I wanted to do was have the potty be a scary experience.
Months went by, she turned 2 and I thought we would give it another shot!
Nope, still not ready!
However, she was bringing me a diaper as soon as she went and saying, change diaper Mommy peeease. So I knew we were close!!! Finally, after nap time I said okay kiddo, no diapers today! We're going to tee-tee on the potty! And I'll be...she did! Not only did she do that, 30 minutes later she went numero dos!! Holy Smokes Folks, accomplishing #1&2 in a few hours was quite the success over here! Or we thought so at least!
I knew I was being really brave, but we had to run to the store and I didn't want to confuse her with putting a diaper back on her, so we just went. Not only did we go to one store, we ran to 3 and she was dry as a bone when we got home. We ran to the potty and it was like she has been potty trained for ever.
Day 2 we stayed home most of the day, minus a hour run to Super Target!
Then by day 3 she ran to the potty all by herself went number 1 & 2!
We are so proud of her!!
And my FAVORITE part, I didn't even give her any candy! Instead she gets a pump of lotion on her hands to rub on her legs or new fruity chap stick on her lips!

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing
She's my little Priss I tell ya!

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing



5 comments:
Yay!! So exciting!! No more diapers :) great job!!
Woot! Woot! Hoorah for Miss A- and for you!
I am with ya on not pressin the issue... Ali sometimes tells us and others does not- I'm so over it until she's super ready!
Good job, girlies!
Yeah! So exciting!
Yay!!! That's great. She did such a good job. I love that she doesn't need candy or stickers. Just some good old skin hydrating lotion will do just fine for the little Miss Priss. :)
great job! i love the lipstick idea. such a girl!
Post a Comment